Fiordiligii

K.M. Golland
Risk Is A Four-Letter Word
Erin M. Leaf

Second Hand

Second Hand - Heidi Cullinan, Marie Sexton Hmmm, I don't quite know how to rate this book. All in all I quite enjoyed it, though I am not bowled over with enthusiasm for this book. My main quibbles lie with the straight turned gay hero Paul Hannon who is, for my tastes, way too passive in his behaviour.

When he was still a tenager he messed around with another boy and seriously liked it. However, he never acts on his gay inclinations, even though he comes from an understanding family and has parents who truly care for him, no matter his sexual orientation. He just wants to be normal and flows with the usual social expectations, hooking up with a girl in college who treats him like a doormat.

Paul does grow up during the story, but it's more like the solutions to his problems are provided from the world outside instead of him actively taking charge of his life. However, as I initially said, despite Paul not being my favourite hero, I enjoyed the story which flowed easily. I go with a B-, because, in the end, it's the enjoyment factor that's count.